[Gpdd] Re: HEALTH - Buffy's Lump Update & Help

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:28:30 EST 2005

Hello, sister and brother slaves -

Please excuse me if I don't have the correct name with this email.  I
believe Madi wrote in with questions about Buffy's mammary lump.  I just
wanted to say that my female, Mollie, who is just past three years old
developed a severe bladder infection and HUGE bladder stones about three
months ago.  In the midst of that situation, we found a mammary tumor/cyst.
The vet aspirated the tumor the first time, but said it might come back in
the future.  After one month (and meds/injections/etc), the bladder
infection was clear - but - the tumor was already back.  So, Mollie had
surgery six weeks ago and the entire mammary glad was removed.  Luckily, the
tumor report came back benign, but I have read that up to 50% of mammary
tumors in GP's  can become cancerous.  Mollie did GREAT with the surgery.
She did go home with pain meds (in my pocket) but did not seem to need them.
  No problem with stitches or recovery, either.  Her bud and cage mate,
Topper, a three-and-a-half year old male, was an outstanding nurse and
protector for her while she was recuperating.  :)   She is doing fine now
with no problems.  Mollie also has a cataract in one eye - has had it since
she was six months.  She compensates wonderfully well and, when in
unfamiliar surroundings, just stays close to Topper.  Sorry for the long
post, but I know you are very worried about your girl and wondering what is
best for her.  I felt that way, too.  Just wanted to give you our
experience.  You have only her best interests at heart.  Trust yourself -
you will make the right decision.

Sorry for this being such a long post.  You folks at the GPDD are
FANTASTIC!!!  I'm so happy to be here.

Candy, along with Topper the Hellacious, Bodacious Boar, and Little Miss
Mollie