[Gpdd] MISC: New Cage mates

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 22:40:58 EST 2005

Okay, so tonight was the official night that my 2 piggies got to meet eachother outside of the cage. First, let me just say that when Otis (the new, baby pig) was placed in the playpen he must have pooped about 15 poos all at once. I didn't even know what to make of that. I am not sure what to make of their encounter. The did a lot of mounting and rolling around. I had a hard time differentiating between them having a good time and them being too rough. Otis, the baby, seemed to somewhat dominate the scene. However, when he would let up, Lemi would go after him. I heard maybe one little squeal come out but it was nothing too big. How do I know if this is playfulness or too rough? They rumblestrutted, did some 'squirting' and lots of mounting. When i separated them and one was inside the playpen and the other outside, they chased eachother around. I would say that it was my non-dominant Lemi who was doing most of the teasing then. The other thing to mention is that Otis has some sharp
 nails, those baby ones that aren't that thick yet but pointing. He made me bleed a tad when i grabbed him.So, I know that before they play again, his nails will have to be trimmed. Any thoughts on this?
Does this sound like they had a good first encounter? I am just not quite sure.
Thanks,
Melissa, Lemi and Otis.