[Gpdd] Misc: Question about my newts

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 09:39:23 EST 2005

Hi Anita

They manderin newts are about 6 inches long. They both
look at me when I come into the room. Their aquarium
sits by my computer. They eat worms. In the winter
they will eat tubifex worms that I can buy at
Wal-mart. I have to tear the square apart, get the
worms wet, and shape them into something that looks
like a real worm. Then I wiggle it in front of them
and they chomp down.
I have to do all of that because they got used to the
real thing in the summer. I used to have to keep a
bunch of worm in a big container over the winter. I
had to buy food for the worms so my newts could have
something to eat. It was a real pain doing all that
until I got them to eat the freeze died worms.
I didn't have a clue that they can live 65 years!!!
They will probably outlive me!
There tank is set up with half water and half gravel.
They like it out of the water most of the time. They
are an amphibian so they can't dry out. They just go
for a swim when they dry out. They don't move around a
whole lot though.

Dawnda

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com/

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.