[Gpdd] RE: miscellaneous: Hay allergy

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Fri Mar 11 10:43:37 EST 2005

  Sorry you have this problem and I would hate for you to decide this
but I don't know what you can do if you are allergic to the hay. My GP
loves her hay and she has it at all times. Maybe the square block hay is
not as bad since it is more compressed and does not get into the air as
much. Maybe someone else can help you on this better. I do not post much
so maybe a vet could help or a doctor that might be able to proscribe
something for your allergies. If it is miserable for you just remember
there are many people that can give your GPs a loving home if it has to
come down to that.

  We've had our new guinea pigs for about 3 months now, and I've just
realized that what I thought was a cold has been dragging out this
entire time.
I've finally realized that it's my hayfever in reaction to all the
timothy hay in
my living room! Is there anything else that will provide my piggies with
the
same nutrients??? If not, does anyone have ideas of how to minimize my
exposure? Maybe if I just fed it to them once a day instead of keeping
it available
all the time? I'd sure appreciate any help...I don't want to give up our
new
pets, but I'm not sure how much longer I can take this.
Cindy
Butterscotch and Fudge