[Gpdd] [BREEDING] Babies having babies

Danielle Cramer daniellec20042000 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 10:52:50 EST 2005

First I'd like to say how glad I am that I found GPDD I think it is wonderful.
My piggy Honey had 3 babies Nov. 28. They were all very healthy and I found homes for 2 of them and kept the runt of the litter, I named her Baby. I separated my male Snoopy from Mom and babies. My piggies have the home made CC homes side by side. Baby kept sqeezing through the cage to go to the other side to see dad. I wasn't to concerned since I had read that female gps can't get prego until they are at least 2 months of age. Any how last week I was holding Baby on my chest and I felt little pokes. I put her on her back and discovered she was pregnant. I was shocked and scared because she was still so tiny, not even half the size of Honey. I tried to find as much info as I could on this and found out that she had very little chance of survival. I was devistated. Yesterday she gave birth to 2 beautiful healthy perfectly formed babies. Their eyes are brite and clear no yellow or deformed teeth. I just wanted to share my good fortune that Baby and her babies are doing great and that
 it turns out female gps can get pregnant at 3 weeks of age. A lesson learned. I was very lucky. My children and I would have been devistated if she had passed away. I just wanted to share this info in case anyone else has had this misfortune happen to them that there is hope, and not to but your cages side by side if you have babies.

Danielle slave of Honey, Snoopy, Cinnamon, Precious Baby, and her miracle babies

Danielle Cramer

Daniellec20042000 at yahoo.com