[Gpdd] Misc: Music for the Animals

SUSAN EASTIN susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 12 11:00:02 EST 2005

Some of you know that the Okie Piggies like to watch tv and listen to music. During
the day they watch PBS, and especially like Teletubbies and Big Bird and Between
the Lions.  When listening to music, they prefer ballads and gospel and jazz (Snowy
especially loves to listen to Johnny Cash's gospel songs). Of course, I get a lot of
flack over this from my kids and friends, but the piggies love it, so it continues.
Just yesterday my daughter-in-law told me she'd been playing some music for their
new baby chicks and they seemed to enjoy it. My son teased her, of course.
So this morning I was tempted to call them all to tell them to tune in to NPR when
they were talking to this guy who has music out for dogs!  He's working on music
for cats, to be out in July.  I suppose, tho, it will be up to some of us (maybe Bing
and his group, and Snickers and Snowball and their cohorts) to record some
music for piggies.   (Brittany just came in and turned on some kind of rap noise
and I can't think to complete a sentence now! Luckily, the piggies are in another
room -  music definitely DOES affect us all!)
I have composed little songs for each of the OP's, and they love listening to
their own songs (Snowy's is to the tune of "Vincent", starting out "Snowy,
Snowy Pie, pretty little Snowy Pie"; CP's is to the tune of "Lollipop", starting
out "CocoPuff, CocoPuff, ooh my little CocoPuff" and so on. I'm sure many
of you have done the same; we should compile a songbook AND cd!
So I'll close, but here are a couple links to today's show, and a previous show
in December, which also has links to previous items.

Wheeks to all,
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff, Lil' Whistle & Rosie
Hotshot & Buzzerre