[Gpdd] MISC: I have created monsters

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 20:13:10 EST 2005

Hi all!

Today I went to a bird show with the express purpose of finding parts to make toys for my piggies. It was really quite interesting because I am picking out these parts and they ask about what kind of bird I have. I do have a cockatiel Nathan, but he is old (16 years old) and set in his ways and does not like to play with toys. So when I told them I was getting them for GPs they gave me this blank stare. It was funny...

I found all sorts of cool stuff so I made some toys by stringing different size wood pieces and some of those chube-type cardboard rings on a chain with a bell on each one.

I must have done well because they all seem to LOVE their new toys. Problem being is all the ringing! I have created little monsters! Although it is very endearing to see them playing with them so I think I can forgive a little ringing.

They also had these ginormous jingle balls like the kind you would get for your cat only about 5 times bigger, apparently for macaw-size birds. Those were also a hit in the playpen! They are so big they can't pick them up and toss them very far but they can sure roll them all over! It is so much fun to watch them play!

Paige-the-pig-guardian (my boxer mix) gets a bit worried with all the ringing. She is hysterically funny because she is always licking the pigs in their little faces through the bars and you can just see them going "ewwwwww, yuck!" Paige always comes to get me when there is excitement in the pig room. She also gets very worried when a foster pig goes home. She loves them as much as I do!

No word yet from Tractor Supply corporate. Apparently it is beneath their notice or something. Frustrating...

Be well!
Lisa and the gang at Wheeks and Squeaks
www.wheeksandsqueaks.petfinder.com