[Gpdd] health: piggies and munching shamrocks

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 13 14:01:48 EST 2005

hi all piggies and slaves

i was introduced to the piggie world 6 months ago when my stepdaughter
caught a guinea pig on her way home from school one day (how's that for a
bit different rescue story).  she couldn't keep the sweet little girl in the
city so sally came to live with me.  i can't believe this is coming from a
non pet person but boy how my life has changed - and all for the better!
i've been reading the digest pretty much from day one trying to find out
what makes these little bundles of personality tick.  i have to say thank
you very much for all that contribute to the digest, it is a fabulous source
of information and entertainment.

in addition to introducing myself i do also have a question.  can piggies
eat shamrocks (oxalis deppei is the latin name i think). i've been told that
they are good for people to eat by a horticulturalist who gave me the plant
(she grows and uses a lot of edible flowers and plants). sally is very
interested in it and i think she would chomp the whole thing if it was
within her reach. she did get a nibble during her st patrick's day photo
shoot.

any insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

martha & sally

please excuse any grammatical errors and the absence of capitals as i have
broken my arm. oops.