[Gpdd] Health: eye problems

cheshire321 at aol.com cheshire321 at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 13:56:34 EST 2005

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone ever had problems with their guinea pigs eyes before. Mine have what seems to be excess red skin coming from below their eyelids. I took them to one vet who gave me eyedrops but that did not do much. The second vet I went to, told me that it was a virus that they will never get rid of which they probably got at the place they were rescued from before I adopted them. The virus enflames the skin under the eyelid but it is not supposed to hurt or really bother the piggies and  i'm suppposed to just give them extra vitamin C. I just dont want my piggies in pain or even annoyed about it. I was just wondering if anyone else ever dealt with this problem? Did you ever had the excess skin cut out (which the doctor said was an option but it might annoy the gp's)?
Thanks for any help you might be able to give. I'm just so worried about my little guys.
Mary Ellen, Flo, Mac and Cheese :o)