[Gpdd] Health: Lice

Karenluntw at aol.com Karenluntw at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 17:21:34 EST 2005

Hi Sarah,
Just a thought about your lice problem.  When my boys had lice, my vet  had
me change from aspen bedding to carefresh.  I found the carefresh too
expensive, and I now use shredded newspaper.  My vet said that the lice can  live in
the wood shavings, and that is how some piggie friends get lice.   Also, the
piggies need to be bathed, and all the toys, igloos and other things  you have
in the cage need to be sterilized.  It is a project in a half, but  happy pigs
are worth it.
Thanks to all who have made web sites for their friends.  Keep them  coming!
I love seeing all our piggie friends pictures!
Karen slave to Rex, Rajah and Rocket