[Gpdd] Care: Babies

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Wed Mar 16 20:16:28 EST 2005

Cindy and new family,
Hopefully others will write in and give you more information on their special care. I can only share with you what I have read through my personal research. The male (Fudge) will need to be separated from the babies and Butterscotch, as female Piggies can become pregnant fairly quickly after giving birth. Also if one or more of the babies is female, he could impregnate them as early as 3 weeks old, and maybe younger.

As for a diet change, while Butterscotch is nursing and until the babies are about 6 months old, you will want to switch them to an alfalfa pellet diet. After that you should switch them to a timothy pellet diet exclusively. Alfalfa is higher in protein and fat which is good for growing bodies. It is also higher in calcium and can cause older Piggies to become chubby or more susceptible to stones if they eat it, so you should switch back to timothy at that point.

Congratulations on the new family! That is quite a shocker since you thought Butterscotch was a boy! Have fun and, of course, good luck! ;)

Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is
"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."
<A HREF="http://babyseals.care2.com/i?p=427689165">Join Care2.com's Race to Save the Baby Seals!</A>
<A HREF="http://pets.care2.com/i?p=480248374">Join Care2.com's Race for Pets!</A>