[Gpdd] health: re: gisela's sludge piggie

Svetooshka at aol.com Svetooshka at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 10:46:39 EST 2005

hi, gisela --

sorry to hear about your sludge piggie. =(  i understand how frustrating it
could be - poopsy is a sludge piggie as well and def have had ot cut out a lot
of food that she loves!
she even waits by the fridge to get her loved treats!
anyhow, i would try coriander and chicory.. they are high in C and low in
calcium.
also, my vet suggested POTASSIUM CITRATE to break down the sludge.
poopsy doesnt like it as much and she knows all my tricks so its hard to get
her to have it.
my vet suggested that she can get it in a "candy" form so she might eat it
but i cant afford that right now so havent tried it.

ask your vet about potassium citrate.. that may be the key to breaking down
the sludge so it doesnt hurt her.

best, poopsy, PD and slave shweta