[GPDD] HEALTH: Pepper's Lymphoma

Roberta Kjesrud windpixie47 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 12:26:41 EST 2005

I'm so sorry to hear about Pepper's diagnosis.  I just
lost Izzie to lymphoma, so I can tell you her
experience.  Of course, my Izzie was an old lady at
5.5 years, so Pepper's experience may be different.
In Izzie, the disease progressed very rapidly; she
passed about two weeks after I first noticed her
swollen glands.  Looking back, she lost a patch of
hair about a month before that, which was probably the
first sign.  But her lumpy glands seemed to appear
overnight.

The good news is that she remained a perky, happy
piggie until about four days before she passed.  Has
your vet prescribed prednisone for Pepper?  We didn't
get it in time for it to work on Izzie, but since
Pepper is so much younger, that may be worth a try. If
you favor aggressive treatment, there's a chemo
protocol available on Guinea Lynx.  Spend a lot of
time with Pepper.  She needs a loving slave more than
ever!

Roberta (for Izzie)