[Gpdd] Misc. Curly

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:18:59 EST 2005

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind words. I think that is what upsets me so about some
pet stores...the animals seem to be looked upon as just merchandise and not
as creatures with feelings. They are basically helpless...depending on us
for their comfort and care. I know that this is not the case in all stores.
I have been in some that were beautifully kept and the animals looked
healthy and well cared for. The store where I bought Curly kept their
animals clean; I think that the turn-over of employees in these large stores
is probably high and that sometimes people are hired who don't really know
enough about the animals to know when they are sick. And, naturally,when you
bring something to their attention concerning a sick animal,some people will
feel that you are implying that they are not doing a good job and thus get
their back up. I think that's what happened when I questioned the young man
about Curly. Well, I don't want to get on my soapbox again...and I will if I
keep on! Do you have a piggie website? I can't keep up with all of them, but
I have seen some beautiful piggie friends and would like to eventually do
one for mine. Let me know if you have one.

Have a wheeking good day,

Sherry and 15 lovable piggie friends