[gpdd] health - Pepper

Gisela Magee gm_magee at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:40:34 EST 2005

Thanks you for all your caring thoughts and prayers. The pathology report
said that it is (sp?) lymphoid tissue.........which is lymphoma and  is
known to attack youngsters.  We thought about removing the lump, but due to
the aggressive nature of this cancer it is probably elsewhere too.  Pepper
had started crying when you picked her up a month ago and just doesn't like
it now....When we look back at it we noticed a couple of months ago that the
white in one eye seems to show a bit abnormally.......kind of bugged out
like when they get scared, then she started to sneeze allot.........we
thought it was dusty  hay.........she loves to have it heaped up and she
burrows in it and hides.  She seemed to be getting awfully fat, especially
in the neck area.........so  we were checking her out when she let out a
yelp and we felt the lump....it seems to grow quite quickly.  Now we noticed
when she sneezes she makes a very strange sound.  After talking to the vet
about her when she was younger ....like she never really wheeked like a
gp......her's was hoarse sounding and the changing sound of her
sneezes....(these were all early symptoms that I had missed...she had always
sounded like this to.....we decided  to just make her as comfortable as we
possibly can (that it had probably already spread), give her lots of love
and her favorite foods and help her over the bridge when she starts to
deteriorate as I do not want her to suffer.
Gisela and her girls.....Cocoa and Pepper