[Gpdd] HEALTH: Help with Stone/no cecotropes

mtjaffe at verizon.net mtjaffe at verizon.net
Fri Mar 18 09:12:50 EST 2005

Took Lucky to vet because saw some blood in his urine and he was whimpering when he peed/pooped.  Vet took x-ray and urine sample--x-ray showed one stone and still awaiting tests on urine sample.  Gave Ciprofloxin to take 2x a day (.03cc) . Would not let them take blood at the time since I felt that he was already stressed enough.
Brought him home and he seems to be relatively OK -- eating and fairly perky, though having accidents when he has never had them before (he's free range most of the time).

Two questions -- his ears where they aren't covered by hair seem more red to me then usual (they took his temp while we were there and they said it was within normal range), and he is eating his poops from his litter pan-- which I have never seen him do before. The eating the poops is worrying me -- is this because he isn't producing cecotropes?  Is this because he is not feeling well or is the antibiotic affecting his ability to do so?
Also any comments about cipro vs baytril would be appreciated.

Lucky's worried slave