[Gpdd] Re: [HEALTH] death

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 15:11:04 EST 2005

Erica,

You don't have to put a guinea pig down because of severe mites!  You need to go to another vet, there are other treatments out there.  What kind of vet decided you have to put a guinena pig down because of a severe case of mites, my goodness.  I am bewildered.  Guinea pigs need more than several treatments to be free of mites.  Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks or so.
There has been lots of pigs that had really bad cases of mites and there were treated aggressively and they survived the ordeal.  I wish you would have posted sooner and someone would have been able to get to you in time before you went ahead with the euthanasia.  I feel so bad for that piggie.

By the time you get this it will be too late.  Sorry little Gracie.

Wheeks and hugs,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"