[Gpdd] Announcement: Jasmine has passed away

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 22:04:14 EST 2005

This morning Jasmine would not eat her veggies and she
was breathing hard. I checked for congestion, clicking
in the lungs, crusty eyes, and runny nose. She didn't
have any signs of a URI or pneumonia. I figured it was
her heart and gave her some of Sabrinia diuril. I
figured she would be getting fliud build-up in her
lungs soon. She was eating hay when I left for work.

When I came home from work, she was sounding congested
and she was breathing heavy. I carried in the evening
veggies and Jasmine ran down the ramp to get to the
food. She was a little staggery though.  She grabbed
some lettuce and ate some of it. She dropped the rest
and ran over by the hay rack. Then she fell over, she
was curling her feet, then she was gasping for breath
a few times and then she died. She didn't make any
noises and it was quick.

All I could do was pet her and cry. Sabrina stood by
her and watched too. I had expected for Sabrina to die
soon with all her problems, but not Jasmine. She has
always been so healthy. It was all so shocking to
happen all the sudden. At least I didn't have to take
her and put her to sleep. She was 3 1/2 years old and
she was a beautiful cinnamon agouti. She will be
greatly missed by me and Sabrina.

Dawnda Stricklen

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com/

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.