[Gpdd] Health: Lucky

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Fri Mar 18 22:56:47 EST 2005

Lucky's slave,
I hope you get some good advice. I am only repsonding to a couple points I know about. The increase in chewing on his toys may simply be proof that Lucky is not feeling well. I have noticed my Piggies seem to do this more when they are aggitated, nervous, or uncomfortable. Did the vet give you any possibilities about why Lucky is in pain when defecating?

Although I understand your reasons for holding off on the blood tests, in my experience it is usually better to do it right away. I waited too long with one of my Piggies. I finally decided to do it after he got worse and the vet had a hard time getting enough blood. I think the additional information you will get from a blood test may be helpful. It gives you an indication about Lucky's internal health (blood cell counts, anemia) that may point to another cause you can't see outwardly, but may be able to treat. Hope this helps, and good luck with Lucky. We will say some prayers for his quick recovery.

Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is
"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."