[Gpdd] [announcement] Lambo, on his last day

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Mon Mar 21 06:23:04 EST 2005

What I'll forever regret is that on Lambo's last day with us, which of
course, I didn't know it was, is that I joked out loud that when Michael
dropped me off at the mall, I didn't have time to hug and kiss Lambo,
because rather than find a parking spot, he usually just drops me off in
front, and I hop out as fast as I can since there are cars behind us.

Well, Lambo and I have this thing going whereby his fleece bed is a 'safety
zone.'  When he's there I can pet him but I can't pick him up or do anything
else to him.  It was always a humorous moment when I'd peek into his pen,
he'd be totally on the other side of his pen, and faster than I could swoop
my hand towards him, he'd have bolted and found safety from being hugged and
kissed by making it to his bed.  That moment when he realized he was far
from safety and wondering if he could make it in time, was always a hearty
laugh moment.  Of course, the next time I managed to catch him away from his
fleece bed, I'd hug and kiss him and say what a funny little boy he is!

Well, sadly for me, when I hopped out of the car on Friday, there were no
cars behind us.  None.  Not a one.  And even as I hesitated, Michael drove
off so in a sense I had a deep regret at not being able to hug and kiss him
before I went on my way.  And even more so now, since that would have been
the last time I would have been able to hug and kiss my precious little
baby.

Yes, life is full of regrets.

When this has happened, I always say--if someone were to say to me, I can
turn back time to when you got your little baby and you could choose to not
get him/her so that you won't have to suffer and be in pain, I would say,
without a moment's hesitation, if I knew then how much pain and suffering
and hurt and sorrow I would be feeling today, I would still choose to get my
baby.  Because, all the love and joy and happiness that my baby has brought
to my life will be more than worth all the sadness and grief that I will
have to go through.

Thank you to all who have written to me.  Your words have meant a great deal
to me.  I shall reply to each of you as soon as I am able.

Thanks for listening,

Corrine