[Gpdd] Lambo 'returns home'

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Tue Mar 22 07:20:17 EST 2005

On Monday, the clinic called to say that Lambo was ready to be picked up
(what I call the 'tin').  This is the next difficult step.  All things
considered, I do hate doing the 'tin' but we have no choice.  We do not have
a yard to call our own and we both have 'brown fingers' so potted plants
really don't grow for us.

I held him and Michael and I cried and cried.  We didn't think we'd have to
do this with Lambo for many many more years to come.  But at least he's
home.

We've filled his pen with flowers.  And now he rests on his beloved fleece
bed.

This has truly been a nightmare for us.  I have never seen Michael cry so
much in my life.  He said that he's always been brave for me, but he'd cry
to himself when he'd be alone.  He said that he still cries for K. C. which
surprised me.  I figured he did love Lambo, and our previous piggies, but I
never knew he loved them with all his heart.  Now, every day and night, I
see Michael crying so very hard that it tears me apart.  I openly cry in
front of him but I also cry so very hard in private too.

We would not have made it this far without all the wonderful GPDD people and
piggies who have written to us.  Your warm thoughts and kind words have
touched us deeply and keep us going.  Our tears still flow freely, our
hearts still ache, our lives are so very empty.  But you GPDD people have
been so very good for us.  For that we thank you.

Corrine (and Michael and Lambo)