[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] Totally weird question re: diapers for pigs

Jessica McGann jessicamcgann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:28:43 EST 2005

I've always wanted to do volunteer pet visitations at the hospital,
and now that I have such adorable and loving pet guinea pigs, that
urge is stronger than ever!  Petting little Weezer's head while she
nods off squeakily in my arms is about the most therapeutic thing I
can imagine, and I think it would be unbelievably calming for a child,
say, in long-term care.  So I did my homework and have gathered
contact info for the volunteer co-ordinators at some hospitals (many
of whom specialize in co-ordinating pet visitations!), but I haven't
got up the nerve to call yet because I'm worried that the idea of
bringing in guinea pigs would be too weird for them!  Surely their
first question would be 'are they house-trained?' and naturally
they're not... Which brings me to my real question:
I've been thinking of making diapers for Weezy and Roo out of socks!
Could you die?!  But I think two little leg holes cut in the toe of an
absorbent sock, and I could just pull it right over and change them at
the hospital if I needed to.  So I'm looking for some input from
anyone who has any experience with volunteer pet-visitations, and,
oddly, anyone who may have attempted to diaper their furry little
friends.  I know it's a weird thing, but I'm willing to bet that many
of you have tried!  Thanks a bunch!
Jess
Slave to Ms Weezy and Ms Rooster