[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Quiet Piggies

RSilhan rsilhan at mc.net
Wed Mar 23 11:22:18 EST 2005

It's kind of been my observation that even with 10 piggies, it's pretty
quiet around here. I've had another pigs that would scream with
anticipation at the sound of the refrigerator door, but I guess that
this bunch have me so well trained (the treats show up on a regular and
predictable schedule) that there is no need for them to lobby for them.
There is usually quite a bit of scurrying around the cages at meal time
and I've caught a couple of them with front feet on the bars, peeking
over the countertop to make sure that I'm where I'm supposed to be
(fixing treats),  but not much vocalization. I kind of miss the pure joy
of wheeking!! They are all happy little souls, though. I guess, they
just don't have anything to complain about.
Roxanne and the Herd
Lil Pig, Pansy, Lily, Halston, Woody, Gizmo, Snowflake, Sammy, Abygayle
and Stinky