[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] All the pigs who passed (Love this Digest)

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Tue Mar 22 16:48:27 EST 2005

I am so sorry for the parents of so many piggys who went to the rainbow
bridge. Reading Lambo's story was just heart breaking and poor Gracie
with Mites. I am so glad there is a list like this to express our
feelings of how we feel and our sorrow for our guinea pigs that are
children to us. No one seems to understand the love I have for my furry
kids and it's good to know if I ever have a pet cross the rainbow
bridge, you wonderful people are here. My parents think I need help for
spoiling my pets the way I do and at work I am the only one that has
pictures of all my pets on my wall by my desk. I got a guinea pig
calendar at work and most people don't even know what kind of animal
they are looking at.
My parents think my priorities in life are screwed up and I need to
spend my money on the right things in life. Everyone likes to spend
their money in a different way, but my way seems wrong to certain
people. It irritates me that my parents that are close to me do not
understand my feelings in this. I am sure they will be sad for me when
one of my pets passes but they don't see them even close to a child when
I call them furry kids. When growing up it always would upset me that
they wanted to put our animals to sleep if it was too much to get them
better, they have plenty of money too; they just think its throwing
money away to invest in an animal. A dog I grew up with and loved named
Samson got sick and he was about 9, he was suffering and they did not
want to spend a lot of money on him. I wanted them to take Samson in to
have him put to sleep; they took him out to their ranch and dug a hole,
laid him in and shot him in the head. They said there was no pain and
it's better than letting him suffer but I just can't believe they could
do that to an animal they had for 9 years.
Sorry for the rambling, I just love my pets so much and my Guinea pig
Reba may be a rodent and my dad would probably think I am nuts for
taking her to the vet whenever she gets sick but I don't care. I had a
rat growing up as well that I loved and when he got a tumor I wanted to
put him to sleep so he would not suffer, my parents thought that was
nuts to take a rat to be put to sleep for $20 when the rat was $3. I
even asked my dad if he could put him to sleep for me so he would not
suffer, he was in a bad mood and said to kill my own rat. My first loved
pet ever named Rascal the rat died slowly in his cage when his tumor
kept getting bigger and bigger. I knew he was going to pass on soon and
it made my heart ache when he still licked my finger to say good bye.

Shelly Atkinson