[Gpdd] MISC. - Rodeo Bud

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Fri Mar 25 09:40:39 EST 2005

Hi,

     I have really put off writing this email! A month ago I had to make a very hard decision about my rodeo traveling. As many of you may remember, I got Bud just under a year ago to help me deal with my depression relating to my health issues. We had such fun rodeoing last year but it is a tremendous amount of work. Any of you who have done any RV-ing can appreciate this. Then add horses to the mix and you can image the work.
     As my treatment has changed and as spring drew closer I found that I just couldn't handle all the work involved. The work combined with the stress make my condition worse so you can see how a downward spiral starts. My husband loves to rodeo and I'd NEVER want to be responsible for ending something he enjoys so much. I also love to ride and watch him compete. What we finally decided on was that we'd sell the big trailer and get an enhanced stock trailer with tack room and changing room over the gooseneck. I will go as often as I'm able and we'll stay in motels and eat out. That will really eliminate so much effort for me. Tomorrow he's driving the trailer to the dealer to put it up for sale.  :(

      What does all this have to do with guinea pigs? Well, with no fancy trailer Bud won't be able to go along, so I think his rodeo days are over, for now at least. I am trying not to be sorry about the end of this phase of my life and be thankful that I had it. So many people would give anything to do for one year what I have been doing for ages. I'm glad Bud got to go for one year because, more than anything else, it has shown me what is possible with guinea pigs. I will never limit Bud's possibilities. He's able to do anything I think we can both handle.
     I'm sure many of you will think of writing to me to commiserate. I have found this to be the most caring group of people I've ever been associated with, but Bud and I don't want anyone to feel sorry for us. We are very, very happy and he is the light of my life on a daily basis. I am very much at peace with this decision. My main regret is that none of you will get to meet Rodeo Bud. Thanks for listening.

Carla and Rodeo Bud