[Gpdd] MISC: TSC response

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 11:44:16 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

Just yesterday I said that TSC had not responded to me and now today, I have a response. This is what the District Manager wrote to me:

Lisa,

Thank you for voicing your concerns about the way we were selling small animals in our Plainwell Store.

I do apologize for not getting a message back to you sooner.  There was a misunderstanding between myself and the store manager as to who was to get back to you after we had discussed your concerns.  This problem should not have happened.

Our Customer Service is and will always be one of our top priorities.

On the topic of guinea pigs:  the store manager tried to sell them because he had requests from customers, and the rabbit breeder that he was using also handled guinea pigs.  So he thought he would try to sell them.  The Store will not be doing this in the future.

As for the living condition of the rabbits the manager understands he is to keep the animals sexed and to have no more then 2 animals per cage.  This is what we try to do in all our stores.

Also when we sell a rabbit we do our best to make sure the customer is purchasing the equipment that is also needed to provide good living conditions for the animal long term.  I will continue to reinforce this with all our store teams.

Thank you for your concern and we will strive to do better.

Sincerely,

Brian Steinberg

Tractor Supply

District #852

I am glad that the DM talked to that store and that they will be fixing the rabbit situation and that they will never again sell guinea pigs. I am not pleased that it took them so long to respond and to me the breakdown of communications between them is their own problem, not mine. I will still be going to the feed store from now on but I thought you guys might be interested to know the results of my inquiry.

Be well,

Wheeks and Squeaks Rodent Rescue
www.wheeksandsqueaks.petfinder.com
Finding permanent, loving homes for guinea pigs and degus