[Gpdd] HEALTH - Shilintong For Bladder Stones

Janelle D. Smith janelle300 at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 28 18:51:21 EST 2005

Leah, might have more info on this Chinese Herb, but it has been a miracle
herb for 2 of my female pigs.  I'll try to make this short.......

Two years ago my, Pepper, was crying when she peed.  X-rays showed she had 5
small bladder stones.  I begged the Vet to let me try Shilintong for a month
before she did surgery.  But, Pepper, kept crying when she relieved herself.
When the Vet did surgery she found NO STONES.  But she said her bladder wall
was 3 times as thick as it should be.  But I assumed she had passes those
stones.

About a month ago, a second pig, Spicey, started crying when she peed.  An
x-ray showed she had one HUGE bladder stone.  I put her on the Shilintong
and went back in a month.  When the Vet x-rayed her, she was
shocked.......the bladder stone had reduced to half it's original size and
flattened out on top.  I had heard that this Chinese herb relaxes the
urethra and helps to pass the bladder stone(s).  But in their cases, it
actually reduced the size of the stone.  She had told me that it does NOT
dissolve the bladder stone.  SHE WAS WRONG!!!!!!  Maybe you could say it
"shrinks" them.  We go back in a month for more x-rays.

Has anyone heard of a bladder stone reducing in size?  I thought that was
impossible.  In, Pepper, it reduced her 5 small bladder stones to crystals.
They were so small that the Vet couldn't even pick one up to have it
analyzed.  And in, Spicey, it has reduced the size of her one stone by half
in one month's time.

Both piggies are related and on very restricted diets.  So I think this is a
genetic thingy.  I don't know if it would work on the other type of stones.
So they each get 3 meds each day:

1.  Two Shilintong tablets.  I tried syringe feeding it to them but they
refused it.  So I crush it and put it on a favorite veggie.
2.  Eleven drops of Metacam each day for the pain caused by their thickened
bladder walls.
3.  Half a capsule of Cosequin For Cats.  This helps reduce the thickness of
their bladder walls.

These will be permanent meds for the rest of their lives.  My piggies never
had sludge.  You would have to ask others about that.  And, of course, my
Vet would NOT admit that Shilintong was a miracle cure.  She said it could
be a combination of all 3 meds.

I bought the Shilintong on-line.  I think the stuff is the same anywhere you
buy it.  It comes in a brown bottle (100 tablets), with a blue label, and in
a blue box.  Ask, Leah, for more details if you want.

Man, this is getting long and I was only going to say a few words!  Anyway,
it's important to keep them on Shilintong (every day) for at least 2 months
at a time to reduce stone size.  And this may have to be a lifetime
commitment.  And no, I am NOT selling stock in it!!!!

Hope this can help some of you, Janelle