[Gpdd] Health: Bladder Stones plus Mollie Update

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:00:26 EST 2005

I want to thank all of you who have responded, both in the digest and in
private emails, concerning information on bladder stones.  I appreciate your
concern and good wishes and the information that you are sharing with me.
Every bit helps!

Marie - I am so sorry to hear that Frodo is having these problems as well. I
do have some information on "repeat" bladder stones that I will send you in
a private email.  Anyone else that wants this information, just let me know,
or - if enough of you want it - I can just put it straight into the digest.
I will be thinking about Frodo and hoping that his x-rays showed you what
you need to know in order to make the best choices for him that you can.

Janelle - thank you for the detailed info on Pepper and Spicey and their
bladder stone sagas.  My vet is very open-minded and willing to listen.  I
am going to share your med combination with her and see what she has to say.
  I will be interested to see whether or not Mollie's bladder wall is
thickened or if she just has the stone.  Your mention of the Shilintong
relaxing the urethra was interesting.  Part of the info that I will be
sending Marie has to do with urethral size as it relates to the formation of
bladder stones.  Let me know if you want it.  Thanks again for sharing your
experience with me.

Our little Mollie will go in for surgery on this Thursday (03/31).  I am
very anxious about this.  I know that you all understand that without me
having to explain it as I would have to with "non-slaves".  [Ah, what folks
are missing who have never been owned by a piggie!!]  I ask you all to
please take a moment on Thursday to send some good thoughts to Mollie - that
she will not be afraid, that she will be strong, and that she will heal
quickly and well.  Thank you in advance.

And, again, thank you thank you for all of the information and concern that
you are sending our way.  It means so much.

Candy, Topper, and his beloved Mollie