[Gpdd] MISC: Please help Kerry W.

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:06:23 EST 2005

Hello everyone and everypig.  I am posting today because I have recently
become aware that 'one of our own', Kerry Wedge, who has changed her name to
Kerry McEwan-Wedge, has been fighting an eating disorder with complications
for at least a year now.  It's been getting worse.

She feels she doesn't deserve to eat so she doesn't.  Her parents are
supporting and helping her.  But she said to me, in an email:  "On a
practical level there is little that you can do, but friendship and knowing
there are people out there who love and care about me helps. The more I know
that people love me, the more I might be able to conquer the disorder that
tells me that I am not worth being loved."

Kerry doesn't know I'm doing this, so I don't know if she'd get upset when
she finds out.  She is a wonderful person and my husband and I adore her
dearly.  I'm sure there are others on the GPDD who remember her.  We 'met'
her through the GPDD several years ago.

She lives in the U.K. and her email address is
kerrymcewan-wedge at ntlworld.com

I don't know how she is doing today, but the above quote is from an email
she sent me yesterday.

Thanks for listening,

Corrine