[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Happy Birthday Calico (bladder stones)

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Thu Mar 31 09:41:55 EST 2005

I am so glad Calico made it through surgery and his first birthday. I
hope he has many more birthdays and he gets nice and fat too, not too
fat. I would think veggies would fill him up, my Reba is in very good
shape and I guess I don't feed her so much veggies or fruit, her
pellets, timothy hay, and dark greens she mostly eats. She likes green
beans and that is filling. I just worry about all the problems that we
are having with piggys getting bladder stones and maybe we need to cut
back a little on the foods with high calcium. I give Reba multi vitamin
drops you get at pet stores called LM vitamins, I put it in her water
and I just hope I am not giving her too much. I don't think so since I
really don't over do it with the veggies or fruit.

Enough about my pig, I think Calico needs to gain some weight and
veggies would do it but once he is at a good weight I would stop giving
him so much. Pellets, hay, mustard, collard, parsley, grass outside are
great for piggys but we just don't want to give them so much every day.
Do you think that will prevent bladder stones? Sometimes piggys just get
sick and it may be something we can't prevent, like it's hereditary, I
don't know. I sound like a worry wart.

Love the Easter photos from Leah and all the personal sites we are
creating is just wonderful, I love looking at all those cute pig faces!

Shelly Atkinson   http://www.shellys-pals.blinkz.com/