[Gpdd] MISC: Human kids & Pet kids

Maren Fouts butzm at ece.osu.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:03:13 EST 2005

Shelly,

You telling your parents that they have furry grandchildren reminded me of
something I wanted to share with the group.  Ever since I got Sam (my
first pig) she has referred to him as her "grandpig".  now when I get off
the phone with her she tells me "Kiss my grandpigs"

I always found that amusing.  Now, several people look at her funny when
she talks about her animals.  I turned out just like her so, unlike some
people here, I actually know where I got my love of animals.  I never had
a pig until almost 2 years ago.  I needed a friend (dorm rooms don't let
you have pets).  I didn't have a pet for 6 years after having them all
through childhood.  it was very hard.  But a pig a much better friend than
I expected.  I mostly grew up with dogs, but I couldn't get away with a
dog in an apartment.

But I digress.  Start telling your parents they have grandpigs.  Then
they'll REALLY look at you funny!

Maren, Sam, and Rosie