[Gpdd] CARE: bedding

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Sun May 1 18:26:45 EDT 2005

Hi Liz and all -

I got my crosscut shredder a month or so ago, on a tip from a co-worker and fellow pigmommy and I must say I love it!!!!!!!  It's already paid for itself in carefresh (no offense).

I shred the black ink sections of the Chicago Trib for my pigs.  The Trib uses a soy based ink, so no worries there.  I also use some other things like credit card statements if there is not too much color ink.  My co-worker uses paper her husband brings home from the office recycle box.

The vet says that newspaper is good bedding because it's clean.  It looks to me like the piggz like it because it is softer on their little feet.  It's gotta be softer than carefresh (again, no offense), which I used for about 5 years and love, but man, it's expen$ive.

Sometimes, there are things that you want to shred for security reasons.  By the time the piggz get done with it, it would have to be a pretty determined identity theif who would go through it.  :-P  Then sometimes there are things that it may give you a certain satisfaction to have your piggz use for bedding.  ;-)  I'm not going to say, but I think you can imagine.

Good luck!

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Sundae and Tosca