[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS- Hi!

Laura G Rollins rollinsl at musc.edu
Mon May 2 07:13:35 EDT 2005

Hi guys, I'm LG. I've been reading the posts for a while now. (In fact, some
of the stories are just so cute that I send them to people in my office) Ya'll
are quite popular there! I have a 4 month old gp, named Luther(aka: Martin
Luther). And a brand new gp, Pippin, who is only 3 weeks old (He was rescued
after he lost his mom last week) They're both so cute. I talk about them all
the time. My friends mostly smile and nod, but I just can't help it! they're
my babies! Anyway, I think it would be a good idea for me to bubble over on
the board instead of everywhere else. Also, I am thinking of getting Luther
neutered this month, seeing as how he's becoming all hormonal and smelly and
stuff. Do you think this is a good idea? He gets along with Pip just fine, as
a matter of fact, he's a little over-protective! It's so cute, he's turned
into this completely different gp. He's so mature and paternal. It was such a
good thing for the little guy, though I am kind of jealous of the attention
Luther used to give me. As long as he still gives me kisses, it's okay I
suppose. They're just so funny t/g in floor time. One will chase the other and
then switch, it's like tag! The baby is doing very well. When I got him last
sunday, there wasn't much chance he would make it. he was the size of the palm
of your hand, and all he would do when you hold him is sleep. I had to bottle
feed him in the beginning, and within no time he started watching Luther and
eating solid foods! He eats about as much as Luther now! Not only is he
putting on weight, but he's so active! he just runs around Luther in circles!
I'm amaized at how social they are. I'm in psychology, so I'm also keeping a
record of their cognitive development. Over the 3 months I've had L, I've
trained and tested his cognitive abilities (he has advanced way past the
normal threshold) The strange thing is, Pip is advancing 3 times the rate that
L did!L is teaching him! you can watch it, withing the first day he taught him
how to open the cage door (not what I would have chosen for his first lesson!)
and he is already making "A not B errors"!Okay, I'll stop now... Wow, that
felt so good!
Good to finally say "hi"!
LG, Luther, and Pippin

----- End forwarded message -----