[Gpdd] [CARE] <lice and mites>

Simpleleelee at aol.com Simpleleelee at aol.com
Mon May 2 13:20:30 EDT 2005

Karen,
I guess it is true...mites and lice can come from the hay.  Ewwwww  Yuck. I
have no idea how long to freeze it.  But then I also heard freezing  the hay
causes moisture which will end up causing mold.  Now what.  If  anyone else
knows what to do, please let us know. Once I get rid of these  suckers, I don't
want them back.  I don't think they actually got it from  the hay, though, I
brought home my boys last weekend from the pet store and they  had them I am
assuming..... and they past it to my girls, but since I was  reading about lice
all over the internet they said that hay does carry lice, so  I really want to
be cautious now.  Anyway I can keep rambling. Please let  me know if there is
anyone out there who has any suggestions.
Lisa J  and piggies