[Gpdd] Care: Re: Floortime

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 14:45:36 EDT 2005

Hello Slaves!
I didn't think I would have much to
offer since my piggies have floortime
24/7 like Fuzzy, Zoe, and Ozzy (Lisa's
Pigs). But, after reading Lisa's post,
I wanted to join in on the topic too.

Well, ya'll know that my pigs are free-
range and they have access to almost
our whole apartment. Of course, our
apt is Completely piggie-proofed as
our pigs cannot access any wires, we
keep our shoes in our closets, and I
even have to keep our bedroom trashcan
in my closet because that Crazy Butterscotch
will knock it over in the morning to wake
us up.

Our piggies have full access to the dining
room, living room, and our bedroom and these
areas are carpeted. They do not go into the
kitchen which is off of the dining room,
but when I open the fridge, a lot of times
they will run to the edge of the carpet and
Brownie Bear will give me the Evil eye so that
I'll move faster and give them their veggies.
Also, wheeee keep the Guest Room and Daddy
Slave's office gated off, so the pigs can't
get in there.

Wheeee do keep part of the living room gated
off because wires from the stereo/speakers are
accessible from the floor. In the dining room,
they have a 4x2 C&C cage set up for free-range,
and we keep towels under the dining room table
along with 2 cuddle cups and a hammock (which
hangs from the bottom of one of the chairs).
Also, there is a tent filled with timothy
hay close to the cage. In the living room,
there is another tent filled with tim. hay.

In our bedroom, we have a king-size bed, and
under the bed we keep a sheet of coroplast covered
with towels and also a grassy hutch and flat cat
bed. Butterscotch sleeps under our bed at night,
so that's why I set up this area. The coroplast
sheet makes clean-up easy, since I can just slide
it out and change the towels daily.

For the most part, my pigs are potty-trained.
They know that they are supposed to go potty
on the towels and they do so. Of course, now
that wheeee have Butterscotch, Brownie Bear
will pee on him and sometimes I do find that
her urine missed the towel...oops! I also keep
towels in their cage. Butterscotch is a very
good boy and will poop/pee on the towels. Although,
sometimes I will find a stray poopie on the
carpet, but I'm pretty sure that's because
sometimes he has a poop hanging from his butt
and it will drop out when he runs.

And yes, if anyone was wondering...those piggies
are Spoiled Rotten!! :-)

Well, that's all she wrote...

         Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear and