[Gpdd] CARE - shredded newspaper

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Mon May 2 15:19:04 EDT 2005

     I was so glad to read the posts from Karen and Rayna on shredded newspaper! I have been singing its praises since last September when my vet told me it was not only much cheaper but also the very best for piggies. My shredder, too, has paid for itself many times over and there's another benefit. I can bed as thickly as I like, freshen the cage with new bedding every day when I clean it out and change everything with no concerns about cost. I LOVE IT!
     Now that I have had to be gone for a couple days at a time once in a while I have bought one large bag of Carefresh (Wow, it IS expensive!) and, when I'm going to be gone, I put down one inch of Carefresh on the bottom of the cage and top with shredded paper. That holds up a little better when I'm not there for daily management.
     Yes, I use old bank statements, junk mail (not glossy stuff) and grocery bag tops. There's no end to the things that can get shredded once you're in the groove.

Carla and Cozy Bud