[Gpdd] (Health) re: Baytril

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 17:23:03 EDT 2005

Jaime,
My vet always gives me the "flavored" Baytril (they
add a flavoring to it). Maybe you could see if your
vet offers that. I always get apple flavor and it's
pretty popular. The pigs usually fight taking it at
first, but I associate it with food--I'll give the
meds and then give them some lettuce or carrot. Soon
they start associating the medicine with snacktime and
they gobble it right up! After a while, they'll take
it right in their cage, I don't have to do the "piggy
burrito" anymore. Also, I've heard that Baytril can
cause a tummy ache, so the food helps stop that too.

Hope this helps.

-Stacy and the Squee Squad