[Gpdd] HEALTH- Shilintong

Janelle D. Smith janelle300 at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 2 19:01:48 EDT 2005

Jaime,  That's a good question about using Shilintong as a preventative
measure.......I just don't know.  But I would certainly wait until, Albert,
has finished his Baytril before I started using it.  And my Vet said that
the Chinese Herb would NOT hurt a gp, but I just don't know if it should be
given to a piggie for long periods of time, when the gp does not have
bladder stones.  Maybe ask your Vet?  My Vet had never heard of Shilintong
before, but she is a strong believer in it now!

Funny you should ask about apple juice.  I just saw my Vet last Friday and I
told her that I was having trouble getting one of my pig's to take her
Cosequin.  The box says it tastes like tuna and chicken.  My, Pepper, HATES
it!!!  So she told me to mix it with a little apple juice.  She thought that
most pig's prefer that over any other juice.  But he might like another
fruit or veggie juice.

Warm wheeks, Janelle