[Gpdd] health: the latest with Lokai

schumann at bellsouth.net schumann at bellsouth.net
Tue May 3 11:48:11 EDT 2005

Well, my special needs pig is at it again!  She is just so sensitive.

Since her surgery in March, Lokai has been all snuffly and has been on antibiotics pretty much constantly.  She lost weight but was still eating well.  While I was out of town for a few days, I boarded them at the vet. (I told them they were going to the spa.)  When I picked them up, she was doing much better and immediately started to get worse when I brought her home.  I started observing their environment more carefully and even started looking for another companion for Tribble in case Lokai was too sick to make it through the Spring.

I have gotten a Sharper Image Ionic Breeze for my allergies and have loved it!  However, I read the information about it causing respiratory problems in some people.  I had never put it together with Lokai's respiratory problems until I read the article.  I moved the Ionic Breeze upstairs to my bedroom and she has done wonderfully since then!!  (Sunday afternoon I removed the carpet from the living room and promptly had an allergic reaction myself.)

I dropped Lokai at the vet this morning for a post-surgery follow-up exam.  Dr. Biascochea is very pleased with how she is doing even though she will always have some dental problems.  The procedures will not have to be nearly as extensive and invasive now that The Tooth is gone.

Tribble continues to be a wonderful nurse and gets special loving for being so healthy.  She is home with the Weather Channel keeping her company.

Jan
Mom to Tribble and Lokai