[Gpdd] HEALTH - Re: Shilintong worked for my gp's!!!!!!!!!

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 16:55:40 EDT 2005

Hey Janelle,
I've been keeping up with Pepper and Spicey's
progress and WOW! that is so Awesome that
the Shilintong is still working for them. I
still can't get over the fact that Spicey's
Huge bladder stone has shrunk! Hopefully,
it will continue to shrink and just be gone
one day. And I'm with you, the Shilintong is
much, much better than having to put our pigs
through surgery (and much, much $cheaper$).
It truly is a 'Miracle Herb'.

You know that my Bear has some bladder sludge
build-up now, right? At the end of March
when I had x-rays done on her, that was the
first time since her stone surgery that the
sludge build-up showed up on an x-ray. I ALWAYS
perform the Brownie Bear Power Hour the night
before a Vet appointment, so I'll syringe her
a ton of water and usually, her urine is clear
the next day and the x-rays are okay. So, I
don't know what went wrong this last time. :-(

I was giving B-Bear 2 Shilintong tablets every
other day, but as of this wheeeek, I'm giving
her the 2 tablets daily. And I know it's working
because she has been excreting an incredible
amount of sludge. So, I'm gonna continue to give
her Shilintong every day and she also gets 2-3
drops of Metacam daily. [Oh, and yes, by relaxing
the urethra, the Shilintong helps piggies excrete
the bladder sludge, just like it does with the
stones.]

I was also giving her 1/2 Oxbow Vitamin C tablet
daily which is 25mg. But, I am now giving
her 1/2 a tablet every other day. I had stopped
giving her extra Vit. C because I think I read
somewhere that excess Vit. C could possibly cause
stones. For you Stone-savvy Slaves, is that True???
Well, then, remember back when B-Bear's back legs
weren't working right, so I started giving her
the Vit. C tablets again and then she was okay. But,
now she has bladder sludge. You see what I'm gettin'
at? I'm wondering if she's getting too much Vit C,
so that's why I'm no longer giving it to her daily.
And I'll keep an eye on those back legs. I know she's
getting plenty of Vit C from her veggies. It seems
like there's a lot of 'guess' work we have to do
when dealing with our stone piggies. Maybe one day
that will change--

Oops, didn't mean to ramble on like that (but
I always do, now don't I). Well, be sure to give
Pepper and Spicey some Extra LOVE from BB, BS,
and me!!

Brownie Bear says, "Pepper, you will ALWAYS be
my Stone Sista...Wheeeeeeeek!"

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeps,
        Leah...Slave to BB & BS :-)

"... P.S.  The x-rays showed that, Spicey, had a
little bladder sludge, so I'm not sure how it works
for that.  You would have to ask, Leah, about that."
                            Janelle