[Gpdd] MISC: OP Show Results

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 3 14:01:32 EDT 2005

As I'm sure everyone knows, we had our big cavy show last weekend. It was
our first time to put on a show, and was a lot of work but a lot of fun. We also
somehow managed to show our pigs, as well. We were all very sad not to be
able to enter Hotshot, but I'm sure he was much to busy cavorting with his
new buddies at the Bridge to give it a second thought.
Buzzerre, again, won a blue ribbon for Satin American. Mac da Roanie won
for Roan American.  Rosie won for Broken American and Best of Variety.
And dear little Buster won for Coronet, Best of Variety. (at the last show
he was disqualified as having too short of hair for coronet, and too long for
American! But he is still young, and the hair is growing now!)
Several of the exhibitors knew we had recently lost Hotshot, and they all
brought young tri-color boars for Brittany to see. She loved them all, but
narrowed it down to three. She then took Buzzz around and let her pick
out her favorite. We came home with a lovely young (but big) boy from
Illinois, who we are calling Abe for now. He is still very shy, so if that is
not his proper name he hasn't told us yet.
But there is more. When Brittany took Buzzz to her class, she came
back all excited, more than just blue ribbon excited. It seems the judge
informed her that Buzzz is 'with pig'! Two babies.  I had suspected as
much, with her getting wider each day, but I wanted her to find out at
the show. So we will have something of Hotshot afterall.
That's still not all. The lady who raised Buzzz & Hotshot also has Peruvians.
When my friend Felicia traded some sows for some aby babies, I told her
we would take the Peruvian babies for the show. We had intended to either
use them at the raffle table, or sell them. Somehow they didn't get put out,
staying in back with the other OP's. When the show was over, there they
were. Of course by then, Brittany was already attached to them. We had
no choice but to bring them home, and now I am attached. They have now
joined the ranks of the OP's. Although I love the long hairs, I never intended
to own one and have to deal with the hair. So much for that!
One is jet black with a red slash up the nose and off to one side, with his
topknot standing up to a peak like the Katzenjammer Kids! He also has
little white gloves on front. Fury, or Zorro.  The other is soft shades of cocoa
and rust, with some white here and there. But we haven't learned his name
yet, other than Fuzzball! They are very vocal, and living beside my bed. So
I have automatic alarm clocks! And when one goes off, they all go off!
So all in all, it was a very successful show!
Now we're ready for a Pignic!  We will aim for the Memorial Day weekend, too.
Susi and the Okie Piggies