[Gpdd] [Behavior] outside time

ldecesar at oeb.harvard.edu ldecesar at oeb.harvard.edu
Wed May 4 12:41:20 EDT 2005

We also let our girls outside in the nice weather.  It just would
not be summer for them without their field trips every week.

We take them into the back yard and they could eat the grass for
hours if we let them.  It is so cute.

We never let them out without both of us present however because
there are hawks in our area and one of our neighbors has outside
cats.  We turn the hose on as well just in case a cat comes into
the yard when we are outside.

I think for many families only 1 of you would need to be outside
with the pigs but we have 4 girls who don't always stick
together.  One of our girls is a tiny explorer.  Her favorite
thing is to run into the vegetable garden and hide among the
squash and pumpkin plants. I know we look ridiculous trying to
get her out.  She just sits under the large leaves like a little
queen watching us crawl around trying to find her.

I hope you and all your piggies can enjoy some outside time this
summer!
Lisa D.