[Gpdd] Health: air cleaners

Chizeck, Susan P chizeck at utdallas.edu
Fri May 6 15:52:44 EDT 2005

I was just reading an article in Consumer Reports about air cleaners.
The kind that are ionizers (like Sharper Image) produce a lot of ozone,
which is very bad for people with any respiratory problem.  The kind
that use a filter and fan are ok.  In fact the ionizers don't actually
do much air cleaning, except for the Friedrich brand, I recall.  So I
wouldn't use it around piggies or people for that matter.  The ionizers
can produce enough ozone to be unhealthy for anyone.

Susan P. Chizeck,