[Gpdd] MISC. - salmonella

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Fri May 6 15:20:17 EDT 2005

     I am so glad that someone put the whole article on getting salmonella from the pocket pets. I just heard a brief news bite about it on Fox News this morning and wasn't sure what to think. It makes a certain amount of sense but it will be awfully hard not to kiss little Bud and be so scrupulous about washing with soap every time I touch him. I am petting him every time I walk by! I have ALWAYS been very careful to wash well whenever handling or preparing food but I haven't thought much about the rest of the time. My hands get so dry anyway and this will certainly make that worse.
     Do the pets have this germ naturally or do they get it from other animals? Are we safe if we have 'only' piggies or our herds are not exposed to other animals? Does anyone know?
     Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else is thinking.

Carla and Concerned Bud