[Gpdd] Health: ovarian cysts

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 11:28:58 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone

I have a question about the HCG shots that some of you
have given your pigs. If I remember right, it is
1000mg, divided in half and injected IM into each
thigh muscle.
My question is how much did these two shots costs? I
asked my vet about them and he said that he has given
them to exotic birds before and that they are very
expensive. He said they run $450.00 and they only last
6 weeks in birds.
If that is true, those shots would be out of the
question for me. I think my Ginger has cysts and/or
hormonal problems. She stays in heat most of the time
and she has hair loss now. He couldn't feel any cysts.
He said the right side might be questionable, but he
would have to do exploratory surgery and then a
hysterectomy if he found anything.

Dawnda

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com