[Gpdd] Health: Sabrina stones update

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 11:42:19 EDT 2005

Hello

My Sabrina went to the vet this weekend too. Their was
puddles of blood in her cage. It didn't even look like
their was any pee in it. I thought maybe she had
cystic endometritis. My vet book says their is blood
loss with that. She does have stones too.
He could find anything when he was feeling her abdomen
and the stones are all very small in her bladder. He
did check inside her vulva to see if a big stone was
stuck in there.
I told him she had been getting Shilintong. He had
never heard of that Chinese herb. It was in his herbal
book either. He has been studying up on herbal
remedies for exotics. He said he was leaving for a 2
week conference and he would look into the shilintong
and the HCG shots. He gets most of his herbals from
this website.

http://www.itmonline.org

I looked on this website and it list possible
interactions with other medications. Most thin the
blood and rise blood pressure. I just wonder whether
the Shilintong thinned out Sabrina's blood to make her
bleed more. It is something to think about. She didn't
loose enough to hurt her, but it could be the cause of
more blood.
I even wondered if I should put her to sleep because
of all her problems. I came home with more pain meds
and tribisson though. It is hard to put them to sleep
when they are eating good. I wouldn't want her in pain
all the time though. If she gets to where she is
whining all the time, I will do what is best. I wish
she wasn't old with a bad heart. Then she could have
surgery.

Dawnda

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com