[Gpdd] (Misc) Girl vs. Boy Piggies

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 12:08:49 EDT 2005

I love my girls, but they do have their moments. They
are all housed together and one female in
particular--Teddy--gets very aggressive when she is in
heat. She tries to mount all the other girls and she
chases them around quite a bit. She especially picks
on Tigger, as Tigger is the "new girl" and also at the
very bottom of the pecking order. Tigger is very
passive and Teddy and the other girls tend to take
advantage of that. The girls fuss at each other quite
a bit as well, but they don't fight or hurt one
another.

So yes, I think girls are a little mored difficult,
and slightly less "friendly" than the boys. However,
because my pigs are all in the same room, the boys
tend to act up and be a bit more stinky because they
can smell the girls (I live in an apartment, so I
don't have enough space to put the boys and girls in
separate rooms).

My first pig, Cosmo, was a solo male and he was very,
VERY sweet and not stinky at all. Personally, I don't
mind the "stinkyness", and I don't think it is nearly
as bad as ferrets, or even dogs. I love ALL my pigs ,
and I don't intentionally chose one gender over the
other. I do have a friend who prefers only males,
though.

Stacy and the Squee Squad