[Gpdd] HEALTH: Lice

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 17:50:39 EDT 2005

WEll, today I was playing with Otis and noticed some white wiggly things on his back. I am guessing Lice. I emailed a few people who told me to get some neem oil which i did from the health food store. I mixed it with a little veggie oil and massaged it onto both of my piggies. I figured if one had it, the other probably would. While massaging Otis, i could see all the little buggers crawl to the top of his skin! it was soooo gross. I didn't really see any surface on Lemi. At any rate, everytihng in the cage was cleaned and cardboard box houses were thrown out. IN 2 days, i will shampoo them and check it out. I know others have had similar experiences with this. When we had iguanas and they had mites, the vet told us to baste them up with veggie oil and the mites would basically just drowned. I guess this is the same idea. Hopefully, this solution will work. Anyone who has had similar experiences, let me know. I know there is a lot on the digest but I just can't search for it now. I
 have been cleaning all day long and just need to focus my attentions elsewhere.
Meliss and Lemi and wriggly-bug Otis!