[Gpdd] Health scare - stay aware

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Mon May 9 17:01:14 EDT 2005

My mom has been mentioning this junk that she has been hearing on the
radio about people getting sick from small pet rodents and she has been
worrying about me now. I have not heard or read it but with my common
sense I told my mom that it must just be people getting sick from bad
hygiene. I told her that so many kids don't take care of their pets well
and leave them in such dirty cages and than bacteria gets on them and
they get sick. Bacteria is everywhere, not just on animals and I can't
believe my mom can be so naive. She goes on and on and tells me to be
careful, it drives me nuts. I am worried just like you Susi that parents
will panic and start dumping small animals when these articles are not
telling the truth. Tell your kids to wash their hands, is that so hard!

Shelly Atkinson
http://www.shellys-pals.blinkz.com/