[Gpdd] Misc: Clean pigs and Safe Pigs and Happy Pigs!

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 11 09:22:00 EDT 2005

Rather than post several messages, I will respond to several in one here, just to
add my two cents' worth.

As for general care, etc, with a new pig there are several excellent sources
most of us depend on, as well as books (anything by Peter Gurney is excellent).
CavyInfo.com, guinealynx.info, oginet.com, http://cavymadness.ne.client2.attbi.com/cavymadness.php
to list but a few. And gpdd, of course!

I've also read that you can usually successfully introduce a young male to an
older male. Also, I think if I were putting a sow in with the boar, if she hasn't
already been spayed, I would probably opt for getting the boar neutered. Less
invasive, cheaper.

Willie - Congratulations on your new neighborhood!  Just watch out for those cats!
When no one is looking, they may be checking your door - keep it locked!

Jaime - So far I have just responded as I have run across an article. One I found on
CNN.com, it was from Univ of Pa Med School, so I responded to them. Probably
won't get to the right ears, or make any difference. But if they get a big enough
response, someone will notice. I'll bet if you do a search on the subject you'll
come up with lots of sources by now. We should all write to them for being so
irresponsible - only telling part of the story. I guess we should all post sources
here as we find them . . .

MaryEllen- I thought Snowy was a loudmouth. Then Rosie came along and took over.
Then Buzzerre (hence the name). Now these two little bits of fluff, the Brothers from
Peru - they wheek and carry on all the time! The others are content to let them be
the spokes-pigs. Some are just more vocal - if they're getting what they need, just
enjoy them!

Carla- Bud looks good to us! CP is 3.2, very muscular ;-). But the other boys are
smaller. No you're not the last - I don't have a scale yet! (but I have got a microwave!).

Shelly - You are right. But remember, it has always been your mom's job to worry
about you. So thank her for her concern, and assure her that you still remember to
wash your hands! Maybe she will help us spread the good word!

Suzi, B.C. - Good advice - did anyone see the guy on Leno Monday night with the
chinchilla he gave CPR to? He's not only trained in CPR, he gives training. Neat guy.
Great article Lisa!

Yea Tom and Huck!  Our Heroes!!!  They should at least be Pets of the Day!

Hey Alge and the Jolly Rodents - Count us in! We're ready to go see WWW and
Rocky and the rest! Snowy has her moomoo packed (the hot pink one with matching
hat that she wore to Cape Alave, she won't be wearing the red lace bikini this time!).

Piggie hugs'n'kisses to all,
Susi and the Okie Piggies

“God could not be everywhere at once, so he gave each child a mother.” - Hasidic saying